Followers

Thursday 11 May 2017

KUDOS FROM CALGARY

Ron - 

It usually takes me weeks to read a book (too busy to read - or too tired!) but I finished yours in a few days.  It was so compelling.  I have no experience with strokes so I didn’t know much about them.  In our family, heart attacks have taken their toll, but not strokes.

I had no idea they were so common nor that they caused so many deaths and disabilities.  Your personal accounts of the stroke and its repercussions for you and for Pat made me feel some of the pain and agony, frustration and desperation that you went through.  It was amazing to read of your recollections when the stroke happened, what you felt and thought.  And all the long months of recovery, your persistence and passionate will to overcome its effects.

I am very glad that your book has received so much praise and will help the public and the medical profession to understand this disease and the difficulties involved in treatment and rehabilitation.

After reading, I immediately phoned a friend from my outdoor club whose husband has recently experienced a stroke.  You will be pleased to know that one of the nursing staff had already told her about it and she had a copy.

Blessings,

Cheryl 


No comments:

Post a Comment